Have a Need?
Some helpful links for all kinds of needs…for best results contact the organizations before you visit, just in case we do not have the most up to date info on our website—and please feel free to give us any updates—thanks!
- Free Clinic – see a doctor, even with no insurance. Monroeville Assembly of God Church 4561 Old William Penn Highway Monroeville, PA 15146 Thursday Evenings 6:30 – 9:00pm
- Squirrel Hill Health Center 412-697-7997
- Possible free or deeply discounted medical, mental health or dental services.
Discounts are available for uninsured patients who complete the Sliding Scale Application and submit proof of income. http://www.squirrelhillhealthcenter.org
- Cleaning For A Reason – offers free professional housecleaning and maid services to women undergoing cancer treatmenthttp://cleaningforareason.org/
- Family Foundations Early Head Start (EHS) provides early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income families with children from birth to age three http://www.ocd.pitt.edu/Early-Head-Start-(EHS)/28/default.aspx.
- Genesis offers free baby furniture and equipment to mothers and fathers during their pregnancy who attend classes about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting http://genesispgh.org/
- Women’s Choice Network http://www.mypregnancycenter.org/
- Project ELECT – Education Leading to Employment and Career Training (ELECT) http://www.aiu3.net/Level3.aspx?id=1088
- Just Harvest– welfare advocacy group – justharvest.org
- Lincoln Park Community Center and Food Pantry 7300 Ridgeview Ave Pittsburgh 15235 http://lincolnparkcommunitycenterfoodpantry.org/
- Penn Hills Service Association – provide aid and services http://pennhillsservice.org/
- Pittsburgh Dream Center – offering help to those in need http://www.pghdreamcenter.org/
- Who’s your brother – free event open to the public giving gently used items to those in need. They also collect and disburse furniture to those in need http://www.whosyourbrother.com/fff.php
- NeighborGoods – a community where you can save money and resources by lending and borrowing stuff with your friends and neighbors. http://neighborgoods.net/
These websites are good for finding nonprofit kind of jobs:
- Idealist – http://www.idealist.org
- Word FM – http://word.christianjobs.com/
- Dewey Kaye / Vantagen –http://www.deweykaye.com/jobswatch/
- Celebrate Recovery – Christian based approach to recovery from all kinds of addictions http://www.celebraterecovery.com/
- Alcoholics Anonymous – If you think you may have a problem with alcohol http://www.pghaa.org/
- Alanon – If you know someone who you think may have a problem with alcohol http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/
- Narcotics Anonymous – If you think you may have a problem with drugs http://www.na.org/
- Drug Rehab Connections – If you think you may have a problem with drugs https://www.drugrehabconnections.com/
- NEED – scholarships http://www.needld.org/programs-services/scholarships-grants